I LOVE Brussel Sprouts and I’ve never understood the aversion around it. So I thought I’d share a recipe that makes me come back to these delicious mini-cabbages. They disappear like potato chips in my household.
Here’s a recipe for roasted brussel sprouts. Actually, its less a recipe, than it is throwing a bunch of things together. Anyway, here it is!
1. Chop brussel sprouts in half after washing them.
2. Add extra-virgin olive oil to it such that it lightly coats all the pieces.
3. Add in salt, pepper, lemon, and any other seasoning to taste. I added dried dill, oregano and basil. You can add some cayenne paper or red chili flakes to give it a kick!
4. Let it marinate overnight if you have time. If not, at a minimum, 30 mins is necessary.
5. Once done marinating, lay them out on a baking tray like so.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins at 300F. Flip them over and broil at 400F temperature for 10 mins until they are good and brown.
7. Serve it with a meal of your choice. Below it is served at breakfast, with a well-seasoned omelette, and baked yam fries.