As promised, here’s the recipe for a chia seed pudding. Its quite versatile, so experiment with flavors of your choice!
I made two flavors this week – chocolate and maca flavored pudding. I knew maca powder was a super food, I just didn’t know it could be a flavor that I like. It has a slightly butterscotch-y and nutty flavor. It can be overpowering so I used less of it compared to the cacao.
Here are ingredients for one pudding cup.
-Raw cacao powder (one heaping teaspoon) –> (Find it on Amazon)
-Maca powder (a level teaspoon) –> (Find it on Amazon)
-Chia seeds (2 heaping tablespoon) –> (Find it on Amazon)
-Almond milk or milk (a little less than a cup)
-Vanilla extract (half a teaspoon)
-Honey (2 teaspoon or to taste)
-Fruits as topping
1. In your pudding cup, pour in the cacao powder (or maca powder – depending on which one you’re making) and chia seeds.
2. Add in the almond milk or milk, whichever you prefer. You may need to either add more chia seeds or almond milk to get the right consistency of pudding, depending on the size of cup you’re using.
3. Add the vanilla extract and honey, and blend it all with a spoon until there are no lumps.
4. Cover and let sit overnight in the fridge.
5. In the morning, the consistency should be similar to pudding. If you don’t see chia seeds forming a thick layer at the top like pudding, you may need to add more chia seeds and let sit for a few more hours.
6. Add any toppings you like, and enjoy! I added bananas, berries and sliced almonds. You can add chocolate nibs as well.